Saturday, May 1, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER

it has been one year since thomas and i boarded a small plane to relocate to NC.
little did we know that 10 weeks later, thomas would be gone from this life.

nathan told me that he realizes he has to let go of his daddy. i am trying, yet i feel ill at the thought. we are in such a time warp and find it hard to realize he is not here or that a year has passed since we left PA. some day we will live outside of time forever with the Lord.

tia said as she was driving to work yesterday the song And I Will Rise was on the radio. she missed her daddy terribly as that was the final song played at his memorial service. the Almighty One still reaches and reassures each one of us so gently.

we know thomas is safe in the arms of Jesus as aaron shust had sung at thomas' service.

2 comments:

  1. Patty, I was just thinking about you the other day and so it was good to read your post. Grief is so hard to work through and it reappears when you least expect it. The true comfort is the fact that God will never leave us or forsake us - even when we walk through life's hard issues. I know that the Lord had me visit your blog to remind me to pray for you --- which I am doing. Remembering with you....
    Sandy Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patty! How are you feeling today? I think of you often and thank you so much for the card you sent me. If you have any plans on coming back to Beaver County for a visit let me know and we can do lunch.
    I was thinking of the Bible verse that says 'though sorrow lasts through the night...joy comes in the morning." I pray you will find your joy in the morning.
    My thoughts are with you!
    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete